In this course module, the basic elements of MIC control are being explained. This masterclass contains 7 lessons that will address the following topics:
- Addresses microbial mechanisms relevant to MIC
- Introduction into Measurement techniques to control MIC
- Overview of different measurement methods for measurement of microbiological species and functions
- Unraveling the domain of MMM-Microbiological Molecular Methods. Explaining the differences between measurement technologies such as qPCR and NGS (Next Generation Sequencing)
- Explaining the elements of a high quality qPCR assay
- Helps you to recognize whether a qPCR assay is of sufficient quality
- Enables you to ask critical questions to an external laboratory about the quality of a qPCR assay
- Explains the triangular approach of harvesting multiple datapoints for the failure analysis of MIC
- We will show you the procedure of capturing a sea-water sample and analyse corrosion products with XRF technologies
- Will show you the lab procedure for mineralogical measurements with XRD (X-ray Diffraction)
What is the economical impact of MIC in relation to other corrosion mechanisms. And how comes, that we have more attention for these microbial mechanisms than a few years ago?
What are relevant mechanisms? Is MIC just a one trick pony, where SRB’s are synonym for MIC? Or is there a wider variety of mechanisms?
And, how do you recognize this mechanism? Are there distinctive properties? And what are good ways of measuring?
The course is delivered in 7 video’s of each 15-20 minutes. The lessons contain a high information density, but it is still easy to understand and remember. High quality content, that is up to date. You can try it for free and subscribe to our introduction lesson.
** These lessons require a professional subscription to Corrosion Alliance